Sunday, May 29, 2011

I Am Roses In the Garden Contest






I am so excited to enter the I am Roses In the Garden contest. My Topiary was a work of love, I hand painted each flower and layered them on each level of the topiary. I had to stop and paint more flowers 3 times  I took a lot more than I thought. I painted them with Acrylic paint in Pink, Yellow and White. I mixed water and pearl glimmer mist to thin it out before painting. I then prepped the topiary with White Gesso to help with the contract of the dark green and the flowers. I adhered the flowers with Pearl stick pins all over the foam balls. On the bottom or the pot of the topiary I layered 3 different laces and adhered them with pearl stick pins. I added tulle, buttons, pearls and white wedding roses all over the top. After I completed the project I thought that my stick pins would look nice mixed throughout the flowers. All of these pins were from the different swaps that I participated in.

I hope that you like it as much as I so, it will look so nice in my scrap room after I finally paint it. Thanks for taking a peek!

No comments:

Post a Comment